• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket 41 in a 25.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pam Wilson

What is the name of your state?
Seattle, Washington. I got a speeding ticket for 41 in a 25 last May. I did a written mitigation and still haven't heard back from the system. My 17 year old son just got the same ticket in the same spot. My question: Is there a one time deferrment in Washington state? Would that be smart knowing that both our insurance rates are going to go up? Also, we have clean driving records, this is my second ticket in this spot in 4 years. Trapped like a rat!
Thanks,
Pam

racer72

Deferment is an option in Washington, you pay the court costs and keep your nose clean for a year, the ticket goes away. And slow down. I live on a street with a 25 mph speed limit and cars go racing by all the time. We can't even get the cops to patrol this area and I live next door to a race track.

Pam Wilson said:
this is my second ticket in this spot in 4 years. Trapped like a rat!
Do I sense a small learning curve? You're not trapped, just failing to slow down. That's probably why the police are out working traffic there..... people are not slowing down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">