• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mauifun08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
I got a speeding ticket and the officer did NOT ask me to sign the ticket. Do I still have to pay it???

racer72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
I got a speeding ticket and the officer did NOT ask me to sign the ticket. Do I still have to pay it???
No, you can throw it away. But there will be some circumstances. A warrant will be issued for your arrest. Your license will be suspended. You could face other problems such as driving on a suspended license and having your vehicle impounded.

Signatures are only required on tickets that have a mandatory court appearance. The signature is your promise to appear. You do not have to appear in court so your John Hanc0ck is not needed. It would be a good idea to pay the ticket unless you plan to contest it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">