• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mechan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa I got a citation for speeding 56 in a 35 speed zone. This is a $175 dollar fine and 3 pts off my driving record. I have a clean record at this point. I was clocked using Enradd. Is it worth it for me to plead not guilty. I do not mind paying the fine but I am concerned about the points. I checked the ticket and it is free from error.

bolo

ENRADD links

http://transportation.pasenategop.com/files/2014/03/Drack.pdf

http://m.wtae.com/Team-4-Investigates-Pa-Speed-Traps/7726782

FlyingRon

Enradd is just a glorified stopwatch as is all speed enforcement used by others than the state police. PA law limits the use of radar to the state police.
At least Enradd takes out the operator pushing the button (unlike Robic and VASCAR which really are nothing more than stopwatch with a time to MPH converter).
The big issue is that you don't have apparently have a defense. You can try appearing and see if you can get the charge reduced to 5 over or some non-moving violation which would dodge the points. How well that works depends on the judge. You might wish to talk to an attorney local to where you were cited. Other than changing you to a charge with lesser points, the judge has no discretion. If you are convicted, you will get the points.

mechan

Enradd is just a glorified stopwatch as is all speed enforcement used by others than the state police. PA law limits the use of radar to the state police.
At least Enradd takes out the operator pushing the button (unlike Robic and VASCAR which really are nothing more than stopwatch with a time to MPH converter).
The big issue is that you don't have apparently have a defense. You can try appearing and see if you can get the charge reduced to 5 over or some non-moving violation which would dodge the points. How well that works depends on the judge. You might wish to talk to an attorney local to where you were cited. Other than changing you to a charge with lesser points, the judge has no discretion. If you are convicted, you will get the points.
Could I just show up in court and plead not guilty to try to get the speed lowered without a defense?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">