• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket 93mph on 65 mph limit in wayland town NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aniruddha2

Hello,

I recently got a speeding ticket near town of wayland NY. I was driving at 93mph at 65mph. I have an indian license. I plead not guilty. SO court has sent me a letter to contact district attorney if i want to enroll for driver's safety diversion and reduction program. It cost $150. If i dont apply for this program. How much maximum fine i need to pay. If I hire a lawyer, will that be useful? and how much usually a lawyer charge? Please help. I have no clue how to proceed.

Thank you,

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
28 over the speed limit is pretty high. The fines vary by court - I don't know off the top of my head what the absolute maximum is. My guess is that you'd be paying a total of around $400 but possibly more - maybe as much as $700.

FlyingRon

Also at that speed you've got a SIX point violation going there. In addition to the fine for the ticket, that opens you up to $300 in DRAF fees (at least, if you have points from other tickets it will be higher).

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Also at that speed you've got a SIX point violation going there. In addition to the fine for the ticket, that opens you up to $300 in DRAF fees (at least, if you have points from other tickets it will be higher).
Good point which I overlooked. Yes, the Driver Responsibility Assessment will hit you for another $300. Every point above 6 is an additional $50.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">