• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket and Accident Provisional IN CALI, HELP please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrpapagorgeio

I live in california and recently i got into a 5 car accident on the 22 in southern california and it was one of those 1 car hit the one in front and then the car behind it hit it and then the guy in front of me stopped short of hitting the car in front of him and i hit the car in front of me. So technically the guy in front of me and i were a separate accident, he didnt press charges or anything since there was no damage on his car and barely any to mine but it was still my fault, then CHP shows up and they document the accident and kind of include the guy in front of me and i in the accident report, i wasnt charged anything by any insurance company but the accident went on my record as a point.

So fast forward to now, today i got a speeding ticket in what some of my friends say is a speed trap where you do not see the cop as u come off the onramp until it is too late and then he pulled me over....the part i dont understand is that while i was passing him i was going maximum 75 and he pulled me over saying he clocked me at 86 in a 65.

So today i go a letter in the mail later from the DMV saying that i already have a point on my record and since im not 18 until october apparently i get one more point and my license is restricted.(which i think is completely absurd) Someone please advise me on what to do. My onlyhope so far is that my court date is on July 28th and that by the time teh DMV gets wind of this ticket ill be 18 and they wont restrict my license

help please

CdwJava

What's the question?

You can try and hire a lawyer to fight the speeding ticket, but the chances are slim of success. It would seem your only hope is to fight the ticket somehow. Go to court and hope for the officer to not show up ... either that, or see if you can attend traffic school to avoid the point.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">