• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket - Arlington, VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

49er

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia.

I received a speeding ticket for going 47 in a 30 mile zone. The officer gave me a break on reckless driving because I was upset about a family death that occurred earlier this year.

By the way, I am not justifying that as an excuse. I totally deserved the ticket but just wanted you to know the circumstances as I am concerned that would affect my situation if I go to court.

What are my options? I have read something about taking traffic school. Should I enroll before my scheduled court date which is 12/12?

Anything else I should consider?

My last speeding ticket was in 94.

Let me know if you need more information and thanks in advance for your help.

FlyingRon

rt.

What are my options? I have read something about taking traffic school. Should I enroll before my scheduled court date which is 12/12?

No, go to court and ask for traffic school. If your record is otherwise clean, they will continue the case for some times (90 days typically) for you to take the class. If you're over 20 you can take the class on line. The virginia DMV (dmvnow.com) has the class providers.

FlyingRon

Arlington IS the county. There is no incorporated "Arlington City".
The court however is the commonwealth's 17th judicial district known as the Arlington General District Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">