• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in AZ --> Altered Paperwork?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

surfer349

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Got a technical question. I got a speeding ticket on a highway in AZ. Happened around 8:30pm, written for going 75 in a 65 zone. Standard pullover, citation. However, the officer gives me the ticket, we both start going on our way, then he rolls up on me again 1/4 mile down the road, pulls me over and says he needs to correct something on my citation. He says he usually works day shift, so he wrote 8:30am on the ticket. He took my copy (the yellow/carbon copy) and crosses out the time and writes 20:30 on it.

So here's the question: Does that still stand up in court? How can the court determine that the I didn't just change that time on my own? I'm sure my copy won't look the exact same as his either. Plus his work logs will show him working that night, while the ticket (original) time stamp shows morning. Also, I have receipts and work logs to show that I was no where near the highway in the morning....thoughts?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Got a technical question. I got a speeding ticket on a highway in AZ. Happened around 8:30pm, written for going 75 in a 65 zone. Standard pullover, citation. However, the officer gives me the ticket, we both start going on our way, then he rolls up on me again 1/4 mile down the road, pulls me over and says he needs to correct something on my citation. He says he usually works day shift, so he wrote 8:30am on the ticket. He took my copy (the yellow/carbon copy) and crosses out the time and writes 20:30 on it.

So here's the question: Does that still stand up in court? How can the court determine that the I didn't just change that time on my own? I'm sure my copy won't look the exact same as his either. Plus his work logs will show him working that night, while the ticket (original) time stamp shows morning. Also, I have receipts and work logs to show that I was no where near the highway in the morning....thoughts?
My thoughts are that you are grasping at straws.

Chances are that if you choose to contest the ticket on this basis, the officer will show up in court, explain the discrepancy in a manner that will clearly explain and justify his reasons for making the adjustment on the ticket, and you will still end up having to pay the fine.

Save yourself the trouble and embarrassment, and just pay the ticket. You got it, you earned it, now pay it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">