• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chuchodeplaya

What is the best way to fight this ticket? there was a not to visible sign that said 45m/h The CHP stopped me like 100 yards after that sign.... and I was driving @ 55.... I was surprised he stopped me due to I was driving with my cruise speed control on and set so I am sure I was @ 55 but the officer placed in the ticket 58 m/h unsafe speed..... That not to visible sign was the first @ 45 in a long road for 55m/h.... I have pictures of the sign, but my concern is the 58m/h in the ticket.... how can I convince the judge I was @ 55 with my cruise speed.... I wish I would have had a GPS tracker with me as a proof but I don't have any.... any advice would be appreciated

Last edited:

racer72

Unless your cruise control has been certified for actual speed, that will just be a lame excuse the judge has heard a number of times. It really doesn't matter, 55 is still speeding in a 45 mph zone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">