• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket cameras coming to California?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pugilist

What is the name of your state?CA

SB 466, which legalizes speeding ticket cameras in CA, will be coming back to the Senate Transportation Committee on Jan. 10.

I advise every Californian to contact their State legislators, and their auto club, and ask them to oppose the bill. The tickets will cost $400.

If you DON'T make those phone calls, don't come crying to me later about the speeding ticket you got in the mail.

Pug

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

This new law is an excellent idea and in the best interest of the public, we don't need speeders endangering the public. Why did you delete your last thread because the others disagreed with you?

sukharev

This new law is an excellent idea and in the best interest of the public, we don't need speeders endangering the public. Why did you delete your last thread because the others disagreed with you?
He and the endangered public has no clue as to what's coming. He thinks this way until he gets a ticket himself, and then for a brief moment it will become unfair, unconstitutional, etc. :eek:

Sorry, Pug, this thread will be lost before you know it, and as much as I respect your attempts to let the public know, unfortunately the public does not want to know until it involves them. There are many visible examples of that, just watch the news...

Last edited:

CdwJava

rmet4nzkx said:
It certainly seems that way.

- Carl

Pugilist

I didn't delete the last thread. Someone else (I don't know who) did, probably because of the racial/ethnic slurs put up there by IAAL (or someone else using his initials) in one of his brief re-appearances.

Pug

Last edited:

CdwJava

Or, as I suspect, it is a mock IAAL.

You are probably right about the reason it was yanked. I withdraw any negative inference I made as to your motivation to remove the thread ... you have never been one to run from disagreement.

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

Pugilist said:
What is the name of your state?CA

SB 466, which legalizes speeding ticket cameras in CA, will be coming back to the Senate Transportation Committee on Jan. 10.

I advise every Californian to contact their State legislators, and their auto club, and ask them to oppose the bill. The tickets will cost $400.

If you DON'T make those phone calls, don't come crying to me later about the speeding ticket you got in the mail.

Pug
I won't be apposing the bill. I am not a prude, but in the Bay Area traffic, and all of the the rest of this state, there is a need.

I for one am tired of the slow traffic becomming slower because some idiot is not flowing with the traffic. Instead, he/she wants to be an idiot and weave in and out of every lane.

From what I heard of this bill, this would be strictly in school and residential zones.

Who could not want that?

marbol

Curt581 said:
Someone who thinks it's his God-given right to drive as fast as he wants, because it's HIM, and HE is such a skilled driver that no matter what speed HE chooses to drive, it's not dangerous.

Someone who lives in his own little world, and thinks that all other drivers and pedestrians are nothing more than obstacles which are slowing him down.

1*
No. But once you get a ticket from one of those when you are innocent, you will want them removed. The problem is that machines are fallible. That's why we are supposed to have the right to confront our accusers in a court of law when we are innocent.

So tell me what accuser are we going to be able to confront with one of those machines? Will they pull it down and allow the innocently accused to cross-examine it?

Puleese. Som people think government is infaliible. How naiive.

gawm

Everyone who thinks these cameras are going up for safety is being naive. Someone who is speeding through a school zone will continue to speed through a school zone because there is no officer there to stop them and the citation don't come until three weeks later. If your state could not make lots of money off it, would they still be so concerned about safety to put them up, lets say at a slight loss? Of course not!

Pugilist

Learn by experience

All higher order animals are able to learn from experience. Man and his near relatives can even analogize from experience. I know to expect, from watching red light cameras being used to issue thousands of $400 tickets for harmless rolling right turns, that some police departments will abuse the speed cameras too.

Man can even learn from other men thousands of miles away, e.g., Washington DC, America's worst example of abuse via cameras. California will be worse, though, as ours will be much more money, and a point on your record. (Theirs are $50 and no point.)

I'll repeat. Speak now or forever hold your peace. You have 13 days.

Pug

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">