• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket to Civil Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tdz

What is the name of your state? AR
I have (had?) a completely clean record, no traffic offenses or offenses of any other kind. I got a speeding ticket from the State Highway Police. I called their offices to find out the amount I would have to pay and to find out if I could get probation. The person on the phone said she would change it to a civil judgement and it wouldn't go on my record. What exactly does this mean? Have I gone from potentially having a traffic violation to something else? The ticket has been paid in full, before the court date. I had originally thought she was doing me a favor, but now am not so sure and can't find any definitive information on what this will mean to me. :confused:

Thanks!

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? AR
I have (had?) a completely clean record, no traffic offenses or offenses of any other kind. I got a speeding ticket from the State Highway Police. I called their offices to find out the amount I would have to pay and to find out if I could get probation. The person on the phone said she would change it to a civil judgement and it wouldn't go on my record. What exactly does this mean? Have I gone from potentially having a traffic violation to something else? The ticket has been paid in full, before the court date. I had originally thought she was doing me a favor, but now am not so sure and can't find any definitive information on what this will mean to me. :confused:

Thanks!
She's telling the truth.

I got a ticket in Arkansas once and that's what happened to me.

Ummm...MY FRIEND, I mean.

Yeah, that's it. My friend got a ticket in Arkansas once and that's what happened to her.

;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">