• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket Defense Info???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rogermiller_2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I got a speeding ticket in Texas. I was not doing the speed the officer alleged. He alleged I was doing 43mph in a 30mph zone. I requested the audio/video footage through discovery. As I suspected, The video showed that the officer could not have possibly seen me from where he said he clocked me at. There was a large fountain that stretches across the middle of the road, and then the road goes down hill after that. On the video, it showed the officer was not completely sure of himself, in that after I said I was not going the speed he said I was going about four time, he replied how do you know that, in which I replied: "I was watching my speedometer". He also said he did not lock my speed on his radar. Anyway, there are other defects to the complaint which I recieved a copy of from the court, including: I was charged under the wrong statute; wrong license plate number; and wrong street address number of the accused violation area. Do you think that I have a chance arguing that the Officer must have read the wrong speed on the radar, in that he did not lock my speed, so how could he be sure of what he saw, after all he made several other major errors that day. Plus, the video footage shows that he could not possibly see me when he said he clocked me, so how could he be sure it was me he clocked.

Do you think this would work?

Maestro64

I think the video is all you need in this case, and the fact the officer made a number of other error shows his inability to be detailed oriented, which is important when recalling facts.

The first and most important thing you did was not to admit any guilt and backed up the fact you were watching the speed therefore not speeding.

Also, you do not argue your case, you make the other side defined their cast and you ask question which case doubts on what the officer did and that anything he did is not reliable and can not be trusted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">