• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket and driving without a license in WA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ppark9689

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Today I got caught speeding doing 40 on a 25, this is my first offense. However the problem is that I didn't have a license at the time, I had an expired permit. So i have two court dates to appear to, one on the 14th for the license issue and other is to be decided. I plan on taking the written test to get the license before the date, but there is no avail. test dates that is before the court date. I need some advice on what i should do here.

*My age is 19.
*My permit expired a year ago.
*This is my first offense, I have a clean record and would like to keep it that way.

1) I have already sent in the speeding ticket for a mitigation hearing. I was wondering if there was a way to avoid paying the ticket. I heard about deferring tickets, is that the solution I'm looking for?

2) I would just like some advice on what I should do or say on the license issue. I understand it is a serious offense, but I didn't know permits expire when I turn 18, which makes sense now that i think about it.

racer72

1. A deferral is an option. You will still have to pay the fine though.

2. Prove you are doing what is necessary to get legally licensed and hope you get a judge that is in a good mood.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">