• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

awake01

I was cited for going 50 miles per hour in 40 zone on my way out of Annawan IL this town has only two squad cars and i believe that neither has moving radar. I was not speeding and have a witness who was sitting next to me who can verify it, and a witness who was operating a vehicle about 2 car lengths in front of me who says she was not going over 35 let alone fast enough to allow me to be going 50, I asked if i could see the radar for personal verfication of my speeding, the officer informed me that i had not right to see his radar and then advised me to sign my ticket and be on my way, on my ticket in the violation section it says 51 in a 40 then written under that in the other lines he wrote Speeding, 50 and circled the 50.... I guess im wondering if its credible for him to list too differsnt speeds especially when i was cited for going 11 or 10 over it seems to me that he doesn't know how fast i was really going also on the ticket under method he checked only radar.... it should also be noted that the officer was behind me on the roadway about 300 yrds away... how should i defend myself?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">