• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SPeeding TIcket: incorrect information help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Atftfguitar

What is the name of your state? Texas

If on a ticket for going 10 miles over the speed limit the officer wrote my Year of Birth to be in 1982 when it was in 1989 is there any way i can plead that if he can't copy a number straight off of my license then how can he read a radar gun?
can anyone help to see if my case holds ground

Hey There

No substantial error in ticket but radar may have errors

2-27-08
Yesterday 10:57 PM
Atftfguitar

Traffic Tickets must have a substantial error to be dismissed.
On the other hand radar can give a false reading. The website
Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining found through a Google Search gives a detailed description on how a radar reading can be incorrect, either through the instrument itself or through the incorrect use of the radar gun.
In Texas you are entitled to a jury trial.
The website on the first page of a Google search
Austin Texas, Rules of the court
gives a overall view of court rules.
Which court hears your case,
the Municipal Court or the Justice of Peace Court ?
Texas Municipal Court Rules on Google brings websites of muni court rules.
A local library should be able to help you find information on fighting a traffic ticket including a book published by NOLO.
Some lawyers will consult for free or a small fee on a one time visit.
The lawyer should be able to tell you how to obtain the evidence the officer plans to present in court (Discovery) so that a better defence can be prepared.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">