• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket and Incorrect License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gator152011

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.
I was pulled over for supposedly going 85 in a 70. I turned 21 last weekend, this was my first stop and my first citation.
I have an issue because in March i lost my license and had to get a new one. Well the Florida DMV messed up my
birthdate and made it 10/10/1992 instead of 11/10/1992. When I called to correct that issue, I was told I would have
to pay or I could wait until the license expired. Well, I have held a license since 08/09 and due to the way florida
determines license numbers mine changed when the guy entered an incorrect birthday.
My question is does the ticket stick or is it even valid
because that is not my correct license number and what happens to my record once I change the birth
date back and revert to my old license number? Is this worth fighting?:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was pulled over for supposedly going 85 in a 70. I turned 21 last weekend, this was my first stop and my first citation.
I have an issue because in March i lost my license and had to get a new one. Well the Florida DMV messed up my
birthdate and made it 10/10/1992 instead of 11/10/1992. When I called to correct that issue, I was told I would have
to pay or I could wait until the license expired. Well, I have held a license since 08/09 and due to the way florida
determines license numbers mine changed when the guy entered an incorrect birthday.
because that is not my correct license number and what happens to my record once I change the birth
date back and revert to my old license number? Is this worth fighting?:confused:
Yes, the ticket is valid.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you try to fight it you may find that you are in trouble for having a fraudulent ID. Your id is knowingly wrong. That is a major problem for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">