• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anigma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I was driving on a highway in the middle lane when a cop passes me on the left traveling at in incredibly fast speed weaving in and out of traffic. I proceed to the left lane and he is now roughly fifty yards in front of me and continues to pull farther away from me. The traffic begins to bog down and we are all slowed coming into a turn. He has to slam on his brakes to keep from hitting the vehicle in front of him, as this is happening my lane continues to move forward and I have now passed him. When I pass him he comes right in behind me and starts tailgating me until the turn is over. I accelerate to posted speed limit and he pulls me over. He said that I was speeding back at the point where he passed me; I stated that he was in front of me traveling faster, and doesn't that mean that if I was speeding so was he? He said he was matching his speed to mine and that I was speeding. I think he pulled me over because he was mad that he couldn't speed through the turn. says I was in violation of speeding with code 441-323. Any help would be great!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">