• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jen080808

What is the name of your state? Ma

I recieved a speeding ticket on the Mass Pike. On the Ticket the officer wrote the wrong lisence plate number by one letter. He also wrote the wrong Date of birth down. Will this make it invalid and what then do I choose to appeal it?

Sabor

drunken cop

No. And to make those two mistakes is funny. However, you can definetly use those errors in your case and discredit the officer. Use it as part of your discrediting in your letter (i suggest writing a letter first) , maybe the officer in quesiton will mail it to a incorrect court address too. Basically, look up basic speed law, see if it applies to you, were you driving safe, were there other people around? etc Also everyone here does not know what the heck mass pike is. IS it a street, park, freeway wtf? You should state clearly where you received the ticket, the speed posted, all those good details my friend. Anyways. discredit the officer say you were doing a safe speed you dont know why you were pulled over , was it by radar btw? speed trap laws now can be used. And finally state the officer made several mistakes on your citation,what is it to say he wasnt making mistakes one minute prior, such as making sure the number 47 mph was not 37 mph :) Get the idea?

sukharev

good luck

In MA, the distance on ticket may be your best defense. Look it up. Mass Pike is a divided highway, so he had to see you going above 50 for 1/4 mile.
http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/90-17.htm

This would only work if you are charged with 90-17. Also, will work if you can prove that speed survey was not done on that stretch (and it almost never is), and there is no document specifically establishing speed on this piece of Mass Pike (according to 90-18). If I recall correctly, though, Mass Pike may have its own set of rules, so it will depend on the judge. Try convincing magistrate first, they know much less. Definitely go to trial, $20 is a small price to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">