• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in IOWA 85mph in 70mph Zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jesse456

Hi, I am from Missouri. I was driving to Minneapolis last week. It was a 7 hour drive.
I was maintaining a speed limit from 70 to 75. I had curse on the car. and I was close to 140 miles to reach my destination.

To be on safe side i turned off the cruse and in the next 10 minutes or so I got pulled over by a cop.

The cop told me that i was speeding at 85 in a 70 zone. After i got the cruse off i might be have escalated accidentally.

I already drove 280 miles from Missouri to IOWA mason City and was not stopped. I tried to explain the officer i have a clean record. Its purely my mistake. I will be more careful from now on. the cop gave me a speeding ticket for 85 mph in Cerro Gordo County .

The cop showed me the radar gun in his car 85 mph. It was purely mistake on my driving. I been driving for past 5 years, in many states and never did speeding . This is purely my mistake . i was not paying attention. This is my first speeding ticket

I really need help to get this ticket off my record. I don't want hike in my insurance. I am ready to pay double fine.

I heard that realistically not possible to get the ticket dismissed in this court Cerro Gordo County Court.

Any inputs are highly appreciated

Last edited:

quincy

... I had curse on the car. ...
... I will be more careful from now on. ...

... This is purely my mistake . i was not paying attention. ...

I really need help to get this ticket off my record. I don't want hike in my insurance. I am ready to pay double fine.

I heard that realistically not possible to get the ticket dismissed in this court Cerro Gordo County Court. ...
Having a "cursed" car would certainly make for an interesting defense to a speeding ticket. ;) :)

I am afraid that, if you heard it is not realistically possible to get the ticket dismissed in Cerro Gordo County Court, then you might find it is not realistically possible to get the ticket dismissed. And, because speeding tickets often result in insurance hikes, it may not be realistically possible for you to avoid an insurance hike. Paying double the fine, which would perhaps make the county coffers happy, will not realistically get the ticket off your driving record.

I suggest you pay the fine, trade in your cursed car for one that is not cursed, and use cruise control from now on to better regulate your speed. Or you can consult with an attorney in your area to see if there is any "unrealistic" defense to the ticket that may be raised that could make your wishes possible.

Good luck.

Eekamouse

Did you explain to the cop that you were driving a "cursed car?" I think the cop would have let you go with a warning had he known that. :D:D:D:D:D

proud_parent

I heard that realistically not possible to get the ticket dismissed in this court Cerro Gordo County Court.
I agree. Based on the facts presented, you don't have a realistic chance of getting this dismissed.

Pay the fine, and pay more attention to your speed in the future. On behalf of the citizens of Cerro Gordo County (I was one for two decades), we'll happily take your money, but we'd prefer that you drive safely.

jesse456

Spoke to couple lawyers.
Here are the responses from Lawyers

Lawyer 1
Instead of hiring a lawyer It is likely cheaper and wiser to pay the ticket. I do not believe that you can realistically win a dismissal.

Lawyer 2

Cerro Gordo County has a policy whereby they do not negotiate on the amount of speed or the level of the offense.

quincy

Spoke to couple lawyers.
Here are the responses from Lawyers

Lawyer 1
Instead of hiring a lawyer It is likely cheaper and wiser to pay the ticket. I do not believe that you can realistically win a dismissal.

Lawyer 2

Cerro Gordo County has a policy whereby they do not negotiate on the amount of speed or the level of the offense.
That seems to make your decision a bit easier then, huh? :)

Some tickets are clearly worth fighting. Yours does not seem to be one of them.

Good luck. Drive safely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">