• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket - Jail time!?! Defiance, Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Warky

Defiance, OHIO

I was doing 40 in a 25 mph city limit residential zone, keeping up with traffic, well to make my turn, I went 60 to pass a car so I could get over. That's when a Cop stopped me, and asked for my information. He went to his car, came back to me, and handed me my citation stating it was a misdemeanor in the 4th degree and that I could be serving jail time.

My citation says, It happened at saturday April 1st, 5:32pm . You are summoned and ordered to appear at defiance municipal court. If you fail to appear at this time and place, you may be arrested or your license cancelled.

In the remarks box, he wrote, no prior moving/12 months, vehicle over 50 inside city limits. M.4

any idea as to help? I mean it was a saturday so no school in session, and I've never gotten a ticket before...

I also just moved there to Ohio from NY, and just changed my license over. any help is appreciated.

JETX

Warky said:
any idea as to help?
Yep, dress properly for court. No flip-flops, cut-offs, or caps. When they call your name, stand up and say.... "Your Honor, I am guilty".
The court will then tell you what your penalty will be. Do whatever the court orders.
Pretty simple, huh??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">