• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket for Junior Operator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JRP123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Massachusetts

I got a speeding ticket sometime last month and I was under 18 years old. Because I was trying to save up the money to pay it off and I didn't read the ticket properly, I didn't send it in on time. I received a letter saying that I didn't pay within the 21 days and therefor my liscnese was going to be suspended on February 22nd. I than recieved another letter today stating that my liscense was actually going to be suspended starting today because of getting the ticket as a junior operator.

It says that my right to a hearing has been taken away and I also can't apply for any hardship or temporary liscenses.

So I have two questions. What would happen if I get caught driving with a suspended liscense? And also is there still anything I can do to either get my liscense reinstated or get a temporary one, despite what the letter said.

I'm going to be driving no matter what, but I would do anything to be able to do it legally for the next three months and not be scared all the time.

FlyingRon

Driving while suspended is serious. Substantial fines even jail time and extension of your revocation period.

You need to follow the proper young operators reinstatement procedure which includes the driver attitudinal course (which you apparently need).

This is not the "how do I break the law and get away with it forum"

You're psychopathically stupid to think the laws do not apply to you.

Maestro64

To quote Clint Eastwood " How lucky do you feel"

If you search this forum and many others, you will see a trend and that trend is people who get cough with suspended license and it is usually not a pretty sight.

Personally I am amazed by the number of people who drive around doing things wrong on the roads every day who never got pulled over, but for some reason the police seem to find that one person who happens to have the suspended license or loads of unpaid tickets. Police have uncanny guilt radar and find you.

Here is an kid in MA who was in your exact same situation but decide to learn what he needed and fought his ticket and won, and kept his license.

MA I cant afford to loose my licence! - Radar Detector Jammer Forum

patstew

What would happen if I get caught driving with a suspended liscense?
Dunno about Massachusetts, but where I live you'd be arrested, cuffed, put in the cruiser and driven to headquarters, and your car would be impounded and towed (we're talking big bucks here). Then the bail commissioner decides how much you have to pay to be released (if they even let you be released), and if you can't raise the money, you go to jail. So -- just don't do it.

JRP123

To quote Clint Eastwood " How lucky do you feel"

If you search this forum and many others, you will see a trend and that trend is people who get cough with suspended license and it is usually not a pretty sight.

Personally I am amazed by the number of people who drive around doing things wrong on the roads every day who never got pulled over, but for some reason the police seem to find that one person who happens to have the suspended license or loads of unpaid tickets. Police have uncanny guilt radar and find you.

Here is an kid in MA who was in your exact same situation but decide to learn what he needed and fought his ticket and won, and kept his license.

MA I cant afford to loose my licence! - Radar Detector Jammer Forum

I think the site of the the link you provided is down...i've tried to get on numerous times. Do you think you could just give a quick summary of the thread. As in the steps he went through to fight his liscense.

They did say I lost my right to a trial, but i'm really hoping theres some loophole or some other way I can get it back. I really do need my liscense, and i don't want to be driving 3 months praying I don't get pulled over.

FlyingRon

Did you bother to read anything.

You have LOST your license. There's nothing to reverse that now.
There's a procedure for you to get it back involving taking the course.
Follow it.
Do not otherwise break the law.

JRP123

Did you bother to read anything.

You have LOST your license. There's nothing to reverse that now.
There's a procedure for you to get it back involving taking the course.
Follow it.
Do not otherwise break the law.
Yeah getting it back in 3 months. Not now, three months.

Maestro provided a link about someone who was in the exact same situation but he got it back. Thats what I want to find out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">