• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket, License lost for a year!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Info_Requested

What is the name of your state? PA.

Hi im joshua. I would like to know if there is anything i can do to Keep my license.

Last week, on my way home from the store i was passin thru a green light and pulled over for doing 41 in a 25mph street.

Now I alread had my license suspended for 55 days.

Why?
Tail-gating
Went thru red light
Stop sign( i didnt completly yield)
Speeding( i passed a truck who had a ladder on top with no hazard flag, pulled around him so it wont hit my car and got pulled for speedin)

Penndot told me if i was to get 1 more ticket, ill b done for a year.

MY intentions drivin, wasnt to speed, i was jus on my way home.
Officer said that the judge my knock some Mph's off the ticket which will result in lesser points.

I did 16 over which is 4points.

I cant have have no points at all! :(

Im stuck, i wasnt tryin 2 speed to race or act all wild behind the wheel.

Any suggestions PLZ on what i can do so i wont have points on my license.

Coummity service, and PA state codes i can look at anything :(

seniorjudge

I think you are probably out of luck, but hire a lawyer and hope for the best.

MY intentions drivin, wasnt to speed, i was jus on my way home.

Speeding requires no intention.

Hey There

Some Places Where Information Is

11-30-07

Joshua,
From (PennDOT Vehicle Code, Chapter 15 --A small part of 45pages.)Website found by going to Google and typing in Vehicle Licence Suspension in PA.
1539. Suspension of operating privilege on accumulation of points. (a) General rule.--When any person's record shows an accumulation of 11 points or more, the department shall suspend the operating privilege of the person as provided in subsection (b).
(b) Duration of suspension.--
The first suspension shall be for a period of 5 days for each point,
the second suspension shall be for a period of 10 days for each point, the third suspension shall be for a periodof 15 days for each point and any subsequent suspension shall be for a period of one year.
(c) Determination of subsequent suspensions.--Every suspension and revocation under any provision of this subchapter shall be counted in determining whether a suspension is a second, third or subsequent suspension.
Some lawyers will give a free consultation and explain the driver's options if considering taking the case. Some will charge a modest fee $50.00?. to do this. This doesn't mean that the lawyer will take the driver's case or that the driver must retain the lawyer.
A lawyer familiar with PennDOT Vehicle Code and the local court system should be able to interpret the rules for you. A lawyer should be able to answer how long points remain on your driving record and if driving school is an option.
Do I have this right? You accumulated 11 points which ended in a 55 day suspension? Yet now you were cited for speeding with a 4 point penalty and this will be your second suspension IF you are found guilty by the judge?
For a comprehensive description of a driver's options for contesting a speeding ticket there are several good sources.Some are:
On Google -Typing in
1.Speeding Tickets FAQ
2.Fighting or Plea Bargaining A Traffic Ticket
a)The first website gives extensive information
Speeding Ticket -- Fighting or Plea Bargaining)
b)Websites on the same page.
Library-- Would likely have or be able to get a copy of a book
published by NOLO which gives detailed explanations
and options for a driver given a traffic ticket.
Lawyer--To interpret the law & explain options.

Let us know how this turns out.
Regards,
Hey There

Info_Requested

Do I have this right? You accumulated 11 points which ended in a 55 day suspension? Yet now you were cited for speeding with a 4 point penalty and this will be your second suspension IF you are found guilty by the judge?
VERY correct. EVen tho u gave me a detailed sentence on subsequent suspension.

I dont really understand it, If anything this will b my 2nd suspension, y a year they told me i dont no. A lil confused. Can u help me out a lil more thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Perhaps you should sell your vehicle? You don't seem to be able to handle the responsibilities that go along with the PRIVILEGE of driving.

CourtClerk

THAnks for your 2cents.

But what u said had nothing to do with the prob. Plz stick with the the issue.:confused:
Actually he did. Your issue (or question) was, how do you avoid getting points on your license.

His answer was sell your car. Can't get points if you aren't driving...

helpforfriend

radars are tested for accuracy often so his radar was likely very accurate, asking the judge for a reduced sentence depends on your age really, it sucks but its true, if your under 18, your just out of luck, if you have had that many traffic violations and you arent 18, the dot will feel they need to "teach you a lesson" by suspending your license for a year, request community service and a fine, but with those many violations the odds are not in your favor

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">