• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in Mississippi.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdf64

A Louisiana resident, I was pulled over by a state trooper in Pearl River County, Mississipipi earlier today and given a speeding ticket. The officer drove up behind me, and I got over into the other lane and slowed down so that he could pass me. He did, then got in front of me and slowed down. More confused than realizing the obvious trap at that moment, I passed him, thinking he was about to take the exit just ahead of us. As soon as I did, he pulled me over and gave me a ticket for doing 82 in a 70, although he told me I had passed him at 76. I don't believe radar was used, and I don't see anything on the ticket that says how he determined my speed. He asked for my license and proof of insurance. I quickly gave him my license, and before I could find my proof of insurance, he walked back to his car. The ticket has two simple mistakes on it: the officer wrote that the car was a 2012 model (it's a 2001), and that I was born in 1980 (1990). I spent all of about 3 minutes on the side of the interstate. My main concern is finding out if there is anything I can do to better my chances of this not showing up on my record or raising my insurance premiums. I'm just wondering, do any of those seemingly small mistakes matter? How does the means the officer used to determine my speed matter? What can I do from here? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">