• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in National Park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maggie123

I just received a speeding ticket in the Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado and live in Virginia
I will be unable to attend court due to the distance. The park ranger informed me that I was going 17 miles over the speed limit (42/25). However, when I went back to view the sign it was covered by brush and I believed the speed was 35. I know I was still over the speed limit and accept the consequences. Since this is my first speeding ticket in 30 years I was wondering if calling the Colorado traffic court and asking if I took an online traffic class within 10 days would help to reduce the points on my record. Also, would I need to take one in Virginia as well?

FlyingRon

Were you issued a federal citation? There's no traffic school in Federal court to my knowledge. If you were issued a state/local citation, call the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">