• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgoudelock

What is the name of your state? Florida

My 19 year old son and I were traveling back from Ft. Lee, VA through NC and he was driving 88 in a 70 zone and was stopped by a state trooper. After he ran my son's license, he came back and handed him the ticket, saying that in NC if you are driving in excess of 80, you have to appear in court. This was all he said other than tell us what the court date was. After looking over the ticket, he did not have my son sign and date, acknowledging that he was an out of state driver and about the court appearance. We do not want to try to get out of the ticket. Main concern is that my son is a full-time college student, not working, and a beat up old car (he was driving my 2006 Chrysler 300C when he was ticketed) that would never make it to NC. He cannot afford an attorney either. What can he do to take care of the ticket. He is certainly more than willing to pay it; he'll have to get a job naturally. But our main concern is what process do we go through to just pay it on a non-appearance. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">