• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket-NY-Defensive driving course question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hi All,

I got stopped this morning doing 82 on 65 on I87 upstate ny (1180d). I live in NYC. This is my first traffic ticket and my license is clean. Also, I am eligible to take the defensive driving course .

My question is, how should I answer this ticket? If I am willing to take the DD course, should I plead guilty or plead not guilty?

Also, if I take the DD course do I still have to pay the fine (I know the 4 points will be waived)? I have read in other threads that the ticket can be completely dismissed (point + fine) based on DD course. Can that happen in my case too?

is it a good idea to plead not guilty and request the judge to dismiss the ticket, promising that I'll take the DD course?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">