• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in NY state with stalker dual

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calle1

What is the name of your state? NY/PA

I received a speeding ticket in NY state (I'm from PA) as I was headed home after spending the weekend with my son.

How accurate is stalker dual radar? The officer that stopped me claims that he observed me passing everyone in sight, but here's the thing: I have "left-lane phobia", and the person in front of me has to be going less than the speed limit for me to pass them.

I barely make ends meet now, and can't afford the ticket, and the yearly fees that go along with it.

Any suggestions?

moburkes

It sounds pretty accurate. In order to pass the person in front of you, you have to go fasterr than they are going. You probably didn't increase your speed by only a few miles per hour. If you did, it would take several minutes to overtake and pass them.

cepe10

What is the name of your state? NY/PA

I received a speeding ticket in NY state (I'm from PA) as I was headed home after spending the weekend with my son.

How accurate is stalker dual radar? The officer that stopped me claims that he observed me passing everyone in sight, but here's the thing: I have "left-lane phobia", and the person in front of me has to be going less than the speed limit for me to pass them.

I barely make ends meet now, and can't afford the ticket, and the yearly fees that go along with it.

Any suggestions?
They have been known to be shown very inaccurate and calibrated improperly in many individual cases... moving radar with the fixed (non aimable antanae in particular) the beam is also so wide as to make the instrument very non-slective. that's why the case law as well as governing agency require procedure... the observations of the officer can be wrong as well, they are just people and under pressure to meet their "performance goal" and other political pressures from the powers that be. if they tell you something threatening to try and get you not to contest well that's just a means to an end...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">