• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket - NYC - Ticket Not Completed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaughtSpeeding

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I was caught speeding in Brooklyn going 59 on a 30. The officer left the "MPH" and "In MPH Zone" sections blank.

Ticket Info:
Description/narrative = "Speed Unposted"
In Violation of = "1180A"

Since he failed to complete a crucial section of the ticket, does this create sufficient basis to ask for the dismissal of the ticket? Is it true that an officer has up to a year to rewrite a ticket? How would I ask to dismiss the ticket in court? I've never been to court and do not know the process.

Thank you for the help.

LSCAP

Since the speed limit in NYC is 30mph, he doesn't have to write that in. It is for places where it is 25, (Yes there still are a few) or if the speed limit was higher than 30. Like on the Belt Parkway.

LSCAP

I would certainly give it a try.

Like, how can you defend yourself if you don’t know what you actually did?

AND DON’T ADMIT TO EVEN ONE MILE OVER THE LIMIT.
Just that, he SAID you were speeding, and gave you a ticket, and then left.

Need I suggest that almost twenty over the limit in NYC, is a NO NO.
Excpt at night, It was difficult to get a motorist for even ten over on the Belt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">