• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bellavandella

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I got a out of state speeding ticket in Ohio. So I really have no idea on what to do. I want to fight it but I was doing 85 in a 65. Us Michiganders I think are known for speeding. It's the norm to be doing 10 over on the freeway. But that's besides the point. I've already called the court and requested a date change they are faxing me papers to fill out and they said since I want to fight it I have to have a pre-trial phone call with the proscuter. What do I do? What do I say?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I got a out of state speeding ticket in Ohio. So I really have no idea on what to do. I want to fight it but I was doing 85 in a 65. Us Michiganders I think are known for speeding. It's the norm to be doing 10 over on the freeway. But that's besides the point. I've already called the court and requested a date change they are faxing me papers to fill out and they said since I want to fight it I have to have a pre-trial phone call with the proscuter. What do I do? What do I say?
**A: tell the truth.

bellavandella

**A: tell the truth.
so I tell him a.michigan driving habits got the best of me, b.I was excited about the rock hall cuz they were having a motown exhibit and being from motown I couldn't wait to see it, and c.I usually use crusie control to better my gas mileage but it's a new car and I didnt know how to use.

HomeGuru

so I tell him a.michigan driving habits got the best of me, b.I was excited about the rock hall cuz they were having a motown exhibit and being from motown I couldn't wait to see it, and c.I usually use crusie control to better my gas mileage but it's a new car and I didnt know how to use.
**A: you could be lucky and get the prosecutor that's a huge Motown fan.

patstew

You're going to tell the prosecutor that you were ignorant and out of control? C'mon, it isn't just Michigan that drives about 10 mph over the speed limit, it's EVERYBODY. None of these rationalizations will help you in the least.

You admitted you were guilty of speeding. Why not suck it up, pay the ticket, and move on?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">