• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in Ohio with NJ License - How many points

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hitechsites

I got a traffic ticket in Ohio - 83 mph in a 65 mph zone. As per Ohio that is 2 points on your license. But since I have a NJ license, how many points would I get on my NJ license ? As per NJ traffic law 15 to 20 mph over the speed limit is a 4 point violation. They also say they give you 2 points for any out of state moving violiations. So would I get 4 points. or 2 points or 4 + 2 = 6 points on my NJ license. Thanks for any input on this.

FlyingRon

Any out of state violation is 2 points on your NJ license regardless of how many points it would have been if it had happened in NJ or how many points the other state would have assessed on their licenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">