• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket with out of state license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MMA

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Here is my situation...

I was issued a speeding ticket for 16mph over the speed limit in Georgia. The problem is I have a GA license plate, registration, title, etc. but I still had my Michigan drivers license. Since the ticket, I have switched my drivers license to a GA license as I am supposed to do...so which license will the points be posted to? And if they are posted to my MI license will they be transferred to my Georgia license? Also will the points be based on MI traffic laws or GA traffic laws? PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! I have to pay my fine in only a few more days! THANKS!!!!!!

lwpat

Go to court and get the ticket reduced to a 14mph over. This is usually a standard negotiation. Then the ticket will not show on your record anywhere.

MMA

Won't it still show up on my MI license because under MI law 14 over is still 3 pts on my record?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">