• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket over 100mph

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wells03

What is the name of your state? California

I was on a two-lane highway passing a truck and the line of cars behind it. I floored it to pass the truck quickly and there was an officer behind the truck who pulled me over. He wrote on one part of the ticket that my speed was approx. 100 and then below that wrote 110 mph.

Will I get my license suspended?

How much is the fine going to be?

I also think i am going to get 2 points on my driving record. Will traffic school take them off, or at least one of them?

Please, anyone . . .

speeding in excess of 100 is 2 point violation.

You cannot take traffic school if there is more than two points assessed to one citation.

your license will get suspended if you get:
4 or more points in one year
6 or more points in two years
8 or more points in three years

I am assuming your citation listed the offense as an infraction. (22348b) If it is then, the statutory minimum is $331. But some judges can impose a higher fine. I have seen some impose $1,361 or half that amount + 9 days work project. If it is a Misdemeanor violation, they can impose a 3 year probation in lieu of partial payment. During this time, you cannot receive any speeding tickets or the other half of the fine will be reimposed.

There is a lot discretion in that area so be nice to the DA and the judge.

Last edited:
A

alexsalice

I don't know if you're under 18 like me, but we are in the same situation. I got a speeding ticket for 110 mph on the I-10 West. I have already one point on my license. My court hearing is in 2 weeks so I'll let you know what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">