• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pai Mei

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have recently gotten my first speeding ticket in PA (where i live). i have done 82 in a 65. I do not know if i have points on my license, or how many. first i would like to know how can i find out how many i have, and how i can remove the points from my license. basically what i am trying to ask is, what can i do so that my speeding ticket does not affect my insurance.

please respond back as soon as possible, thank you very much.

Last edited:

Crazed98

Your insurance company should know how many points you have on your lisense and proboly your DMV.

If you get points you can get rid of them by taking some driver safety courses.

Pai Mei

i had a friend that told me, i could go to court and get the point taken off. is this true?

if i have a point taken off, would it still affect my insurance?

thank you for responding.

Bravo8

For starters, no points are assessed until you plead guilty or are found guilty. So if you were just cited, and have not plead guilty nor been convicted of the offense, you have no points.

Once points are assessed against your DL, the court cannot remove them. Points are a civil action instituted by PennDOT, which criminal courts have no jurisdiction over. The most the court can do is find you not guilty (no points) or find you guilty of a lesser charge (less or possibly no points) - this is before points are assessed however.

You cannot just take a driver safety course and have points removed. That only applies when the exam is ordered by PennDOT upon the accumulation of a requisite number of points.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">