• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in PA stop watch?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ryanb4614

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Anyway to fight this?... I attached the ticket to view, all personal information was crossed out. I was leaving my college on the main road of this town. I am going back friday to see if there was a speed limit sign from the college street to where the cop was sitting. Not sure if there was or if it was after the cop. He used a robic sg-808 (stop watch) It was a single lane road. for one lane on the right one lane on the left going opposite ways. The cop went again on coming traffic because there was a car in between me and him. The main information on the ticket is: Nature of offense: speeding 41.8mph allowed 25mph. Other, Other Robic SC-808.
Miles timed: .023 Secs Timed 1.98
Station Equip tested: w-29
Date equipment tested: 3-17-08
.... Again the image
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m266/ryanb4614/THETICKET.jpgWhat is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

Well, I'm was a NASCAR official and I'm pretty good with a stop watch. I can get down to .02 sec of accuracy. In order to prove you were not speeding, you'd have to have taken longer than 3 seconds to cross that distance. The cop would have to have been drinking heavily.

Most places have a law specifying a default speed limit when one is not posted. 25 MPH is not uncommon for an urban or residential street.

ryanb4614

yes, but how do i know that the cop was accurate, pressed the button at the correct time. How do I know that the date the equipment was tested 3-17-2008 was done by a certified person and notarized?

If you decide to plead not guilty a certificate (with seal and proper signatures) will be presented at your hearing regarding calibration. And yes it is required.

ryanb4614

And if it is not presented at the hearing?.. Also I was told in Pennsylvania Miles Timed cannot be less than .03 and i was .023.. PA 75 CS 3368< i Believe thats what it was

And if it is not presented at the hearing?..
Respectfully request a dismissal

Also I was told in Pennsylvania Miles Timed cannot be less than .03 and i was .023.. PA 75 CS 3368< i Believe thats what it was
This would be true for pacing but I am not aware of a minimum distance for timing.

I have seen info that the distance markers must be specifically installed (or painted on the road) for speed measurement (ie: not just telephone poles or road signs) but I have not confirmed this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">