• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket by PACE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HydraSportSam

What is the name of your state? GA

I was pulled over and told by the officer that she paced me doing 50. I was doing 40. I observed her pull out and come up behing me and then she supposedly paced me for a very short time then hit the lights. I told her it would be absurd that I would knowingly speed with her behind me.

Question 1 - Is there a minimum time or distance that a GA policeman must "pace" a vehicle? This is true in some states.

I have a fairly good math background. I went on Google earth, measured the distance from where she pulled out and where we stopped. Taking into account that I "supposedly" was going 50 mph, I can prove mathematicaly that it would be impossible for her to (a) pull out and accelerate to over 50 mph to overtake me, (b) follow me for a few seconds, (c) lights on, (d) me slow down & pull over to our parked location.

This isn't opinion but absolute proof. So...
Question 2 - if I present this data in court and be really really nice and polite, can I win this case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">