• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket to be paid within 10 days or warrant is out for my arrest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StephH1013

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I was stopped for speeding by a state trooper on Monday 9/10/07 for going 75 in a 55. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of court and everything since its my first ticket ever so I just paid the ticket that same day and had it in the mail before the 5:00 pick-up time. The trooper told me that I had 10 days to pay it and if I did not, then a warrant would be out for my arrest in CT (my home state) and a license would be issued for me in PA and there would be a warrant out for me here too. My ten days will be up on 9/20/07 and the money is still not taken out of my account. I know this because I am a compulsive online bank statement checker. Should I call the police station of the town where I sent the check to? I just don't want to find out that I have a warrant out because the check was not opened by that date.What is the name of your state?

StephH1013

Umm no. I am here asking if I have not seen that the money was out of my account yet and my ten days is almost up if I should be worried that they will place a warrant out for my arrest OR does it not matter that the ten days is almost up and I should just not worry about it since the check is dated within the ten days.

moburkes

If a warrant is issued, it will be "rescinded" once they receive the payment. The easiest way to find the answer to your question is to call. You have my permission.

Rob H.

You do need to be concerned about a suspension.
I agree, but definitely call, I give you permission also, but call and make sure the warrant is out of the system and get a receipt or proper paperwork because Ive seen lots of times where its been rescinded but they still ended up getting arrested because they didnt have the proper paperwork claiming it resolved.

Maestro64

The way it works in PA in everyone has 10 days to send in the money whether you plead guilt or not guilt and request a hearing. Even if mail it late they give you some level of a grace period due to the mail and such. Warrant are not automatically issued on Day 10, there is a process that follow and usually they do warrant on a periodic basis.

Once they have your money and if you are just paying and planning on not contesting the ticket they will process it and you will get a nice letter from the state of PA and/or local court saying the money was receive and your conviction entered into the system. You might even get a letters stating you were a very bad person for speeding and that you are putting others people's lives at risk.

These letters usually show up in about 6 weeks. Also, it may take about 30 days for the fund to be drawn from you account. Depending on busy the local court is and when they make check deposits.

If you do not see the money gone in 30 days and no letters in 6 weeks then you might want to follow up with the District Court where you sent the check, the contact information is on the back of the ticket.

patpatriot

Good luck with the PA court system...I got a ticket and pled not guilty (within the 10 days), submitted the required collateral (cost of the citation) on line and am just waiting for the court date. So yesterday I get a letter in the mail saying that my driving privaleges will be suspended if I don't respond to the letter within the next 15 days, because according to "their" records, I never responded to the citation at all. I do have a receipt confirming plea and that payment has been received though!!

Oh yeah, good luck calling them. I've tried for 2 days and all I get is a message saying they have too many incoming calls try back later:mad:

StephH1013

I called the magistrate in the town that was listed on my ticket and got right through to someone who was very helpful. Call the police NON EMERGENCY line in the town thats listed on your ticket and tell them you had a question about a ticket you need to be answered and they should give you the magistrate's number. Good luck!

Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate it. :)

marbol

For something that might get you arrested, I would recommend sending correspondence to them via certified mail, return receipt. That way, they can't simply claim they didn't get your letter, or money, etc.

For something that might get you arrested, I would recommend sending correspondence to them via certified mail, return receipt. That way, they can't simply claim they didn't get your letter, or money, etc.
Excellent advise for any legal document sent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">