• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CrimeSucks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

Hello friends.

Today I was pulled over by a cop. He said he got me on radar going 57 in a 35...so 22 miles over the speed limit :(

I was very tired and new to the area, I know its a bad excuse, I feel stupid for speeding and hate myself.

On the ticket the violation he wrote was code G

Does anyone know how much the ticket will cost, or what I can do to not increase my insurance premuim?

This is my first offense in over a year, 2nd altogether, last time I got pulled over was going 45 in a 35, that was more then a year ago.

I'm 18 by the way.

:(

am i dead?

CrimeSucks

update:
I contacted

and they said that they can reduce it to a parking violation, no points, no traffic school.

Would this be worth it or do I have better luck contesting and trying to get out of it? I don't really have a valid defense as to why I was speeding as stated before :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
update:
I contacted www.suckerborneveryday.com

and they said that they can reduce it to a parking violation, no points, no traffic school.

Would this be worth it or do I have better luck contesting and trying to get out of it? I don't really have a valid defense as to why I was speeding as stated before :(
I removed the link you put in your post.
Nobody can PROMISE you anything of the sort...

CrimeSucks

whoops sorry for posting link if not allowed
Anyway I sent them my citation thing, and information, and they said they can do it.
They also did it for my dad last year, but I don't think he was going quite as fast as me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">