• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I got a speeding ticket 2 weeks ago and I have until July 4 to pay it(got the ticket on june 4).So I have 30 days to pay it.So here the issue,I have a CDL licience and Igot 4 points on it from that ticket,now im moving out of florida at the end of this week and im plaining getting my driver's licience change to my new state.My questions is 1)will it show up that I have a unpayed ticket,I still have about 20 days yet to pay it.2)If I dont pay it and im already out of florida can they arrest me for a unpayed ticket from a even its not a ticket in there state?I already know that the points will not be on my new driver's licience,I called that state dot and they said no.

racer72

You are playing with fire. A typical scenario would be for you to be pulled over for a minor traffic infraction in your new home state. The officer calls in a license check then comes back to you with a surprise. You will be told that Florida suspended your privelige to drive and because of the States Drivers License Compact, your license in your new state is suspended. For this you receive a ticket with a hefty fine. The officer also lets you know that you cannot continue your journey and that your vehicle is going to be impounded. Now you get to add the this to the costs of your ticket. And before you can restore your driving privelige, you will have to pay Florida the cost of your ticket, late fees and a license reinstatement fee. You can add the reinstatement fee in your new state too. Are you a gambing man?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">