• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket...question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pbunt911

Today on my way home from work in Virginia I passed a Virginia State Police officer headed the opposite direction on a four lane, divided highway. I may have been traveling at an exessive speed. The officer quickly pulled into the grass in the median and stopped. He never turned on his lights or pulled onto my side of the highway. After I passed he pulled back onto his side of the highway and continued traveling. My question is: Is there any way for me to recieve a citation since the incident is now over? If the office recorded my plate number could the State police come to my door (or through the mail) and issue me a citation? Any input would be greatly appriciated.

V

Vincent Cosent

Boy your paranoid!!

If he didn't come and get you then I wouldn't worry about it.

D

dubhloaich

You can get some sleep

He probably ran your plates, didn't find anything interesting, and left it at that.

Now, if you're driving through Colorado or Oregon and you see a big flash, you can probably expect a black and white picture of your self and your car and a citation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">