• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sparks192

Well, a couple days ago, I got a speeding ticket (I am from Colorado, BTW). A motorcycle cop clocked me with a radar/lidar gun (I don't know which, and stupidly, I didn't ask). He said I was going 48 in a 30. I had looked at my speedometer, and it was slightly below 40.

I have looked over my ticket thoroughly, and it has some very minor flaws - the number of doors on my car is wrong (I have 4, he said 2), and the location is off by about 2 blocks.

Also, the stretch of road that I was on was right before a stop sign, and he had me stop about 20 feet before the stop sign, but he was only about 150 feet from the stop sign himself. So, I had to have been slowing down from 40mph by the time I got to him.

One more thing - he was hiding behind a hill/bush in a drainage ditch. Is that legal? People have told me that cops have to be in plain site when operating a speed trap, though I honestly don't know. Also, because of the hill/bush, he couldn't have used his gun until I was right next to him.

Any help would be appreciated, as I know of a couple other people who got ticketed by him that day as well.

Thanks,
"Ted"

R

RedneckRoy

Pay the damn ticket and get on with life. 40.....48, what's the difference. You were speeding and got busted for it. So take it like a man. My gramps once said at times ya got to pay the fiddler if you want to dance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">