• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in San Luis Obispo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcinca

State: CA

I received speeding ticket (84 mph) in SLO county on the way back to SF trying to arrive at work on time after checking out Calpoly. Unfortunately, I did not bring the insurance card along, but I can prove that I have it. The fine was almost $1300… First time. 2 violations for speeding and no insurance card presence. What is the best option for me to do? I am a student and live in SF which is 4 hrs away from SLO county.

CdwJava

State: CA

I received speeding ticket (84 mph) in SLO county on the way back to SF trying to arrive at work on time after checking out Calpoly. Unfortunately, I did not bring the insurance card along, but I can prove that I have it. The fine was almost $1300… First time. 2 violations for speeding and no insurance card presence. What is the best option for me to do? I am a student and live in SF which is 4 hrs away from SLO county.
What are the specific code sections for which you were cited?

Most of that amount is likely from not having insurance (likely CVC 16028(a)). If you can bring in proof to show that you were in fact insured at the time of the stop, about $900 of that could be modified to $25 (or thereabouts ... the administrative fee might have gone up for 2012).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">