• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in Stone Mountain, GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bij7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hi,

I was traveling down W. Mountain St in Stone Mountain headed to the Post Office. There was a car ahead of me as I neared the post office and as I slowed down to get ready to turn into the parking lot I realized a police officer was blocking the entrance and immediately put on his lights. I figured it was the car ahead so I pulled over for him to pass but lo and behold, it was me he was after. He came and told me I was doing 41 in a 25 and that he clocked me with laser detection. Is there anything I can do to contest this ticket since I know it's my word against his (and his laser detection).

This is my first speeding ticket and I really don't want this to affect my insurance premium. Advice?

Tallrat

Your chances are slim to none. You could ask for calibration records of the laser but it would be a long shot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">