• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket and Stop sign violation..(GURUS urgent HELP needed)..pls HELP HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eb3retro

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA.

I received a stop sign violation (not stopping at all in the stop sign) a month ago, so, I had enrolled for a traffic school to be attended this month. Just yesterday i got a speeding ticket (65 speed limit - i was tipped off at 80mph). Now I am thinking of using this traffic school for this speeding instead of for the stop sign violation. I am thinking this way because, i feel that speeding ticket could be more damageious to the record instead of stop sign violation and I can go to traffic school only once in 18 months. Gurus please help me in my situation here. Would really appreciate any help and advice in this regard. Thanks.

seniorjudge

eb3retro said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA.

I received a stop sign violation (not stopping at all in the stop sign) a month ago, so, I had enrolled for a traffic school to be attended this month. Just yesterday i got a speeding ticket (65 speed limit - i was tipped off at 80mph). Now I am thinking of using this traffic school for this speeding instead of for the stop sign violation. I am thinking this way because, i feel that speeding ticket could be more damageious to the record instead of stop sign violation and I can go to traffic school only once in 18 months. Gurus please help me in my situation here. Would really appreciate any help and advice in this regard. Thanks.
Ask the court clerk your questions.

BUT I suspect you are out of luck.

You already made your choice and 80/65 is probably not eligible for diversion.

Pugilist

To evaluate the need to try to switch the school to the speeding ticket, call your insurance company anonymously and ask them if they treat a speeding violation differently from a stop sign violation. I doubt that they do, but there's no harm in asking.

Personally, I would leave the school on the stop sign, and I would plead not guilty on the speeding ticket. You have a good chance the officer will not show up for the trial, in which case the ticket will be dismissed. Also, you might even be able to put together a defense - go to library and ask for book on how to fight your ticket, and follow advice in the book.

Pug

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">