• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket in texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elceo

What is the name of your state? Texas

I got a ticket yesterday, it happened when i was getting on to the highway, and there was a big rig in my way when i was trying to merge from the on ramp to the highway, so i had to speed up to get in front of the big rig. it was either that or get run off the road. any how, right after that i began to slow down, and there just happened to be a cop sitting of to the side of the road. he pulled me over, gave me a ticket with out even asking any questions other than where i worked at. The ticket ended up being for going 71 in a 65. Does anyone have any advice as to getting this ticket dismiised? I did notice that on the ticket he wrote the city as san antonio, even though he was a cop from a small town called universal city that borders san antonio. any advice is greatly appreciated.

JETX

Does anyone have any advice as to getting this ticket dismiised?/QUOTE]
Yep. Contact the court and schedule a trial. Show up on the time/date ordered. Tell the court exactly what your defense is against the ticket. The court will then render a decision. Pretty simple, huh??

LeeHarveyBlotto

What is the name of your state? Texas

there was a big rig in my way when i was trying to merge from the on ramp to the highway, so i had to speed up to get in front of the big rig.
Slowing down accomplishes the same goal, and is 100% legal. Merge behind the truck next time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">