• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket today in Kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lfurr0

Today I was going to go pick up a friend at the airport and was traveling southbound on I75, right before I275, in Kentucky, when lo and behold a police officer was sitting on the left median of the road. I am unfamiliar with the area, as I am not from here, and was trying to cross two lanes of traffic and was speeding at approximately 70-75 mph, and there was a light blue toyota yaris speeding past me in the next lane over. The officer radars one of the two of our vehicles, I believe to be his, because when he pulls me over he gives me a ticket for doing 85 in a 55. I do not even think my 100hp car could attain this speed, and I was sure that the speed limit was 65 not 55. The office did politely inform me otherwise and handed me a ticket with a court date. I am a young man with a red two door coupe, in college. I am sure I was more attractive to pull over than the blue toyota, but I truly believe a mistake was made. I cannot afford to lose my license or pay such a high fine. I am really confused about the traffic laws in KY and I do not know where to go from here.?. If someone could please give me some advice about where to go, or what to do I would be greatly appreciative, I have a feeling I am going to need an attorney....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">