• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in Turbeville S.C.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sparky13

South Carolina

Our 19 year old from Maryland was driving to College in South Carolina.
(19) received a ticket for speeding in Turbeville, S.C.

From what I understand the Officer did not write it up as a speeding ticket, instead he wrote it up as a Traffic Ordinance citation with a fine of $588 with no points on the license.

(19) plans to go to court next week because he was told that the fine would be reduced.

I read in another forum that if a person goes to court for this kind of ticket they will reduce the fine but add points to the license.

We don't want points on the license or the insurance to be affected, should we just pay the fine and skip court? or go to court and hope the fine will be reduced and no points will be added to the license?

The Police department in Tureville is not easily available to contact for this kind of question.

The ticket says ##### FT offense code 94

Thanks
sparkyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

sparky13

Just got a reply about the statue question -

"offense code is 94. The violation was traffic inordinance the violation section 13-22."
There is nothing about a statue cited though.

Does that provide enough information to make a decision?

Thanks

erabin77

Hello Sparky13,

I find myself in the exact same situation as your child. I am actually 19 as well and am facing the same $588 ticket. I am an out of state college student and was wondering if you'd be able to give me any info on how you went about handling the ticket? Anything would be very appreciated.

Thanks

quincy

Hello Sparky13,

I find myself in the exact same situation as your child. I am actually 19 as well and am facing the same $588 ticket. I am an out of state college student and was wondering if you'd be able to give me any info on how you went about handling the ticket? Anything would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Please start your own thread with your question, erabin77. This is a very old thread and reviving old threads is frowned upon on this site.

When you start your own thread, please include the name of your state. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">