• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nk350z

So i recently got a speeding ticket in Houston, but the officer did not make me sign the ticket. He simply gave me the ticket and said "have a good day" and that was it. Does this make the ticket invalid, or does it give me any reason to fight the ticket in court?

I_Got_Banned

So i recently got a speeding ticket in Houston, but the officer did not make me sign the ticket. He simply gave me the ticket and said "have a good day" and that was it. Does this make the ticket invalid, or does it give me any reason to fight the ticket in court?
No, it doesn't! Your signature does not have anything to do with whether the ticket is valid or not. Usually your signature is a confirmation of your promise to appear on the date and place shown on the citation. I have not come across anyone who did not sign their ticket and did not show up in court. If you wanna be the first one to try that let us know how it works out. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">