• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in Upstate NY/signage question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slowmotiongeniu

What is the name of your state? NY

I received a speeding ticket the other day, I was going 55 in a 40. This is a road that I travel 35+ miles each way on each work day so I know it very well.

I was traveling 40 MPH, then I saw the 55 sign, and began to increase my speed. I was probably 30-50 feet from the 55 MPH sign when I was pulled over (still on the 40 MPH side).

Anything I can do besides hope for a reduction from the judge at my court date? Does it help that I travel that road all the time? Does it help that I could see the sign and was fairly close to it?

Thanks for all the help!

AlanShore

Ahhhhhh.

Well not much you can do. NY State troopers recently implemented a no plea bargin policy. The state leg attempted to pass legislation to order troopers to plea bargin but the governor (at the time Pataki) vetoed it. Many people have been screwed under this new policy. You can ask the judge for a reduction or traffic school but dont count on it. best of luck.

-ALAN

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">