• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket using "pace" as equipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrsmyamar

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?NJ
On 5/9 was stopped for "speeding" but was only given warning BUT given ticket for having a charm hanging fr rear view mirror!!!! On 5/11 at approximately same place was stooped again for speeding sd 87 in 65 zone. When I took regisout he saw warning notice and reached in and took it. He gave me speeding ticket. I saw not only him but 2 other cops in 2 traps and was not speeding (may be 75) ticket says he used pace to trap me. I intend to fight this what is my best strategy. and will he be allowed to admit the warning when I go to court? Please help me as I travel garden state pkwy every day and it looks like they got allthe rookies on training out there

Last edited:

lwpat

Please help me as I travel garden state pkwy every day and it looks like they got allthe rookies on training out there
Then drive 65 until they get through training.

When I took regisout he saw warning notice
A warning means that you should learn. Obviously you didn't and they usually don't give you a second chance.

ticket says he used pace to trap me.
I fail to see how you were trapped. Pacing means that he followed you, usually for at least 0.3 mile.

I intend to fight this what is my best strategy.
A year's worth of doughnuts. Insanity plea. You watched too many dumb and dumber movies. You thought the warning was a free pass. You are unable to get up early enough to make it to work without speeding so the law does not apply to you. You had to get home in time to watch the Duke's of Hazard.

Some judges will reduce the ticket for originality so work on it.

mrsmyamar

thanks for nothing

NJ
Do you think we're all at this site because we drive the speed limit. If you drove @65 on the pkway you'd be run over...if I needed preaching I'd have gone over to the nearest cop..and for your information I was not late for work ..I was going home to a sick child who needed to be picked up by a certain time. I'm struggling to support my child and this kind of comments make me livid!

You Are Guilty

mrsmyamar said:
NJ
Do you think we're all at this site because we drive the speed limit. If you drove @65 on the pkway you'd be run over...if I needed preaching I'd have gone over to the nearest cop..and for your information I was not late for work ..I was going home to a sick child who needed to be picked up by a certain time. I'm struggling to support my child and this kind of comments make me livid!
Well, you clearly already know about the "sick child" defense to speeding. However, a few of the slightly lesser known alternative defenses you might be able to use are:

- "Medivac": you have a donor organ/vaccine that must be rushed to a certain destination by a certain time or else it won't be viable

- "Potty": you have an irritable bowel/bladder incontinence and need to hit the head in your house/office ASAP

- "Late": you have an appointment and will lose money/prestige/clients if you don't make it on time

- "Lead Foot": you have a freak Vietnam/Persian Gulf/Iraqi Freedom war wound and really do have a metal prosthetic right foot

- "Beekeeper": there was a fly/bee/wasp/ladybug flying around in your car and the only way to subdue it was to pin it to the rear window with the inertia of your speeding vehicle

- "Guilty": the most rare of defenses, almost never seen around here. This one is where you admit you broke the law and take responsibility for your own actions. I doubt this will be an attractive option for you.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">