• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket VC 22350

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dui_dude

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
CA

I got my Courtesy Notice and I would like to Post my Bail and do a TBD.

The Options I have are:

1. To Pay your Ticket(Bail Forfeiture)
X 2. Request Court Appearance (Appearance optional)
i. Arraignment
ii. Court Trial
3. Traffic School

I think I need to Select 2 + Pay fine. Under it I have the two choices, I am not sure which one refers to TBD.(i or ii)

Also, for TBD, will i get a letter from court later ?, or do I file my TBD forms along with replying to this Courtesy Letter with Fine.

thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Perhaps traffic school would be a better option? (Based on the level of detail you provided.)

JIMinCA

If you want to do a TBD, most courts will let you arrange that over the phone. Call the number on your ticket.

I_Got_Banned

The TBD option usually comes up as an option on the screen (if you are online) or it is listed as an option on your courtesy notice.

Not sure why it is not offered here in your case.

Point I am making is if you want to do a TBD, none of the options available to you there would get you that!

You can call the # on your ticket or on the courtesy notice but then again, the person on the other end will end up getting the same options on their screen as the ones on yours... And trust me, from experience, I can tell you that the phone operators are NOT qulified to discuss why TBD is not an option.

My advice would be for you to go to the clerk's window in court, and arm yourself with a printout of CVC section 40902.

Unless they can give you a legal reason as to why you have no TBD option, ask to speak to a supervisor or request to see a judge. This last option will probably not be today or anytime soon for that matter. But hey, it'll give you more time for discovery and research.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">