• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket: what info should be filled out on the citation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SteveManny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Nature of offense: speeding ticket, alleged speed 44 in 25 mph
Device used: Robic S

1) My citation does not specify the following items: 53. Miles Timed, 54. Secs Timed. 51. Speed Timing Device Operator. Seems like Miles Timed and Secs Timed are crucial in determining my speed of traveling. If they are not filled out, is that an automatic dismissal of the ticket? This is a very important question IMHO.

2) My street address on the citation is slightly misspelled. Does that help in any way to dismiss a ticket or considered an honest error and won't factor in?

3) The officer hinted quite heavily that if I plead not guilty and show up in court the plea deal will be reached to remove the points, but still pay the ticket. This however would have to be done just prior to going in front of the judge, so my question is - does item (1) above give me a strong case to get the ticket dismissed altogether (without any fine $140) or it's weak and I better take the plea bargain?

Thanks,

Manny

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">